PLEASE SPREAD THIS IMPORTANT LIFE-CHANGING INFORMATION!
Dr. Jin W. Sung
Berberine. Anti-parasite, Anti-virus, Anti-Bacterial, Anti Fungal.
* Comes from Barberry, Goldenseal, Goldthread.
* Although it has anti-bacterial effects it does not seem to negatively impact Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria (good bacteria).
* Reduces cholesterol and triglycerides.
* Cardiovascular benefits by improving anti-oxidants and is anti-inflammatory.
* Helps Leaky Gut or Intestinal Permeability.
* Benefits cancer patients.
(Please be sure to look at the “Improve Absorption” section below)
* GI Irritation.
* Constipation, Nausea, Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
* Berberine inhibits CYP3A4 (Cytochrome P450 3A4). Found in the liver and intestines. CYP3A4 is an enzyme that helps oxide toxins and drugs for removal from our body.
* Other things that can inhibit CYP3A4-St. John’s Wort, Metformin, anti-fungal, antibiotics, and blood pressure medications.
* Bioavailability is less than 5% in some studies
* Berberine is subject to P-Glycoprotein which is important for the cell membrane. It helps to pump out foreign substances for the cell and is highly energy dependent.
1. Take berberine mid or after meals.
2. Take with Milk Thistle; Inhibits P-glycoprotein.
3. Take with Sodium Caprate/Caprylate an ester of Capric Acid found in COCONUT OIL; increases absorption.
Berberine vs Metformin.
Study with 36 people who were recently diagnosed with diabetes mellitus were split into 2 groups. One group given Berberine and the other group given Metformin. Results showed that Berberine was just as effective as Metformin in reducing Hemoglobin A1c.
Dr. Jin Sung specializes in the management of complex chronic conditions in Massachusetts, 30 minutes north of Boston. He utilizes natural and alternative therapies to help manage complex cases such as Hashimoto’s, autoimmune conditions, IBS, SIBO, chronic fatigue, brain fog, early Alzheimer’s etc.
Berberine with MCT
Milk Thistle (silymarin)
Dr. Sung’s Online Supplement Dispensary-conditions apply.
The content of this video is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advise. Please consult with your physician before embarking on any dietary changes or taking any nutritional supplements.